Fighting Monkey workshop
20. april @ 09:00 - 15:00
An event every day that begins at 09:00, repeating until 21. april 2023
Fighting Monkey: Open Workshop by Natalia Pieczuro
An open workshop serves as a basic platform for the Fighting Monkey Practice:
It’s an overall introduction to the qualities and ideas that have been developed over the last 15 years of F.M. research. There are no restrictions or prerequisites, in terms of former experience and background. Groups usually consist of people from various fields and levels of skills but anyone can easily find their place to work and explore – anyone interested in human evolution.
You will experience mainly “movement situations” – irregular training methods to provoke and increase the adaptive value of your behavioral traits and strategic planning. We will work on complex and most of the time improvised structures to improve your movement qualities and increase your creative variability. We will help you to understand the underlying principles of human motion and how stress and pressure affects our perception, behavior and actions and how creatively adaptive you are in complex situations.
We will concentrate on strengthening and elaborating your partnering skills – other words speaking: your « communication skills ». Working with the partner will bring us the alive and so precious irregularity in the training; will influence our behavior, the diversity of qualities, tempo and rhythm of our movement.
Through partnering work – “movement situations”, coordinations, work with tools, injury prevention and body conditioning and « being », we will work on strengthening the focus, the awareness and the whole system
We will break the patterns, learn new patterns and try to find our wings. We will question how can one learn as much as he can and want? How can one be open to the «new» and still be well rooted?
What is fighting monkey? Look at the video here.
- Limited participants. Registration here
- Registration deadline: 23.02.2023
- Language: English
- Workshop holder: Natalia Pieczuro
- Address: Rom for Dans/PRODA, Marstrandgata 8, 0566 Oslo, entrance from Stockholmsgata
- When: 17. April -21. April 2023 kl: 09:00 – 15:00
- Price: NOK 1200
• Registration is binding. If your application is accepted, you’ll need to pay the fee in due date.
• All applicants will get answer in due time after the deadline.
• If you are accepted to participate but choose not to attend, without letting us know a week in advance or earlier, the tuition is non-refundable.
The workshop is a collaboration between SKUDA and PRODA
Photo: Albert Vidal